Mike Schrage, Executive Director
We have produced 27 language versions of The Global Gospel and 11 more are almost finished! Why do we invest so much time and effort in this project? Why don’t we go on to something new?
Here are ten reasons:
- We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired Word (spiritually alive and incredibly effective). The Global Gospel comes straight from the Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- We believe that God’s Word will change the hearts of people (eternally). There are countless stories of how, even during the production process, this project is transforming lives.
- We believe that God’s people are to help others receive and understand God’s Word (stewardship). More than three billion people speak the top 25 global languages.
These truths become even more significant when you consider these realities:
- Fifty percent of the world cannot read (print is not understood).
- Eighty percent of the world prefers visuals of new information (print is not preferable).
- Eighty percent of the world only makes $10 a day (print is not affordable).*
- “More than half (58%) of all adults wish they read the Bible more often.” *
- “…many people (39%) point to a difficult life experience that led them to search the Bible for direction or answers.” *
- “…seeing how the Bible changed someone they knew for the better was an important motivating factor for some adults (30%).” *
- “…being asked by someone they know to read the Bible (20%).”
* State of the Bible 2017: Top Findings, Research Releases in Culture & Media April 4, 2017
Click on image to expand it.