Pray for the Philippines
GNPI’s regional center in the Philippines is located in Manila on the island of Luzon. Only about 2,000 of the 7,107 Philippine Islands are inhabited. The island of Luzon is the 4th most populated island in the world and is home to about half of the country’s population (which is 107.6 million).
More than 80% of the people in the Philippines claim Catholicism as their religion and only 3% call themselves evangelical Christians.
It can be difficult to communicate the need in beautiful countries like the Philippines. It is relatively well developed and is growing economically. However, looks can be deceiving.
So why pray for the Philippines?
- Poverty exists everywhere – almost 50% of people live on less than $2 a day.
- Human Trafficking victims:
- 300,000 – 400,000 are women
- 60,000 – 100,000 are children
- There are more than 100,000 children who live on the streets
- Natural disasters, such as the recent typhoon that killed more than 6,000 people last November and displaced more than 4 million people
Let your heart be touched. allow your spirit be stirred as you watch this video and pray along.
video used with permission from www.prayercast.com