Answered Prayers and Ministry Highlights in 2014 – Part 2
As the year ends, we have been reflecting on God’s faithfulness. Many of you have joined us in our prayers throughout the year. We want to share some of the many things He has done to answer, encourage, and sustain us as a ministry. We want to make sure Christ gets all the glory!
1. New Decisions for Christ in Africa, India, Mexico, Philippines, SE Asia, Uganda, and Ukraine (Part 1)
2. New Testimonies of Ways Solar Kits Help Share the Gospel and Funds for 100 Solar Kits
GNPI has raised funds for 100 Solar Kits this year, which are being sent to help Christian workers share the Gospel around the world. To date, a total of nearly 400 Solar Kits have been distributed to approximately 50 different countries around the world. (Find out more at www.gnpi.org/solarkits.)
• Jackton Omondi, of Made In the Streets ministry in Kenya writes, “We thank you very much, GNPI, for the donation of the God-given gift of the Solar Kit. We were able to use it in different occasions and places. We have used it with our students in showing The Jesus Film and at chapel for worship. We also are using it to show evangelistic videos to our graduates. We are even using it at our house to watch movies and Bible stories. The most interesting showing was to our Maasai guards. They were surprised to see a small thing without electricity showing on the wall. We are forced to take good care of it because it is tempting to all the students, guards, and graduates that have seen it. We have nicknamed it Technology Matin, which means small technology.”
• Christian worker Kpowbie Daniel writes from Togo, “We did a lot of evangelism this past month with a visiting mission team, and two new churches were started in two different locations. Three weeks later, we went back to the two new churches and found they have grown. In one of them there were 111 attending and in the second 102. The Solar Kit was so useful in achieving this. My partners, to whom I gave one Solar Kit, are very busy working among the Muslims in the Central Region.” You will be blessed to hear Kpowbie’s testimony.
• Kingdom worker Bruce Cameron recently visited Zimbabwe where his parents used to live as missionaries. Bruce shares, “I will never be able to convey to you and the folks at GNPI the power of their gift. The Solar Kit is an amazing tool. Two hundred Batonga people watched in rapt attention to the message of the Gospel of Luke. There was a collective gasp when Jesus was struck. They never moved from their spots, and there was almost no talking. For many of them this was the first moving picture they had ever seen. Thank you for letting that first picture be the Good News of Jesus in the heart language of these beautiful people. The Holy Spirit will continue to bring into their consciences what they have heard to bring them to deeper faith. Thank you so much for making this a possibility. I am confident that this tool will allow the Holy Spirit to move in mighty ways among these people. May you be richly blessed in your obedience to the Great Commission call of God.”
• Director of Operations Tom Nutt recently sent a Solar Kit to a Christian worker and received this note of thanks. Bob from Sierra Leone says, “I can’t begin to explain the excitement over this gift. I’m sure you can imagine what my coworkers have been carrying from village to village to show videos.” Thank you, GNPI partners, for the chance to provide Christian workers with tools to help them share the Gospel more easily.
• Jeff Silkwood of GNPI-Thailand was invited to join a Thai couple on a mission trip to the wife’s home village. Jeff shares, “We spent three nights in the Karen village teaching English and sharing the story of Christ with the children. I got the chance to use the Solar Kit. The word spread that a movie would be shown at the school, and children of all ages came out of the woodwork to see it. All were fascinated by the movie. The Solar Kit system worked remarkably well. In fact, many children asked if another video could be shown. The couple has already invited me to return to that village and to visit another one to show the message of Christ.” Read Jeff’s complete story of his trip, including his supper of Bamboo Worms.
• Isaac Masiga of GNPI-Kenya shares, “We did go to the Ogiek community several weeks ago, and we were received warmly with the Solar Kit. The Solar Kit empowers ministers who go to remote areas to have greater impact. One church leader said, “It was a small box. One could not tell it could do great wonders. When they opened it and did the set up, I realized it was something important, mostly for our pastors, but also for our county government leaders to use at church and to teach our children.” Click here to read more.
• Simmi Dhingra of GNPI-Chandigarh, India, writes, “Mr. I, previously from Islam, shared his experience of how the Solar Kit enhanced the understanding and learning ability of his audience in the slum areas of K and B, where most of the people are uneducated. His members were from a Hindu background. His regular members who attended church every Sunday were 70 in total. As a result of the Gospel message shared through the Solar Kits, there is now a line of people waiting to get baptized.”
• Director of Operations Tom Nutt had a chance to demonstrate the Solar Kit to a group of people in SE Asia. One man who works in the northern villages became very excited about this tool. He said, “Today, you’ve answered my prayer. My dream is to share Christ with my village. For all these years, I have been looking for a way to get into the northern villages where I grew up. I believe this is the tool that will make that possible.” Please pray that God will make himself known and work in the lives of the people in these northern villages.
• Anyway Mupesewa is a young man from Zimbabwe. GNPI provided a Solar Kit for him to take back to his home country to use in sharing the Gospel there. Anyway says, “I would like to say thank you very much to GNPI as well as the churches that support them. I know this will be very useful. I can’t wait to see what God does in Zimbabwe through the Solar Kit.” Click here to watch Anyway.
This is a 4-part series so we hope you will watch for the rest of our Answered Prayer blogs (or go back and read the one before this) and rejoice with us!