By Jason Miller, NOMaD Coordinator
GNPI has recently partnered with ServAsia to equip ministries in India.
ServAsia has three separate divisions:
- Lakeview Bible College and Seminary
- Sigma (Church-planting)
- Xpressions – the media arm
GNPI recently held a training for ServAsia. Our coworkers there write:
We are excited about the future and all that God has entrusted to us for his kingdom’s growth and glory. Please pray that we will be faithful to him – from whom all things flow.
God makes all things beautiful in his time. He is taking us on a journey that we didn’t expect to begin so soon. We started Xpressions, the media unit under ServAsia, with the help of Good News Productions, International (GNPI) to produce media, particularly focused on evangelism and discipleship.
We are overwhelmed by the responses we have received from individuals and organizations who have approached us to help them produce media resources. In the past year, we have made changes to our teaching methodology in college by adding more media tools as part of our classes. This year we added Media and Missions as one of the major streams for our Masters of Divinity program. We feel that this course will enable our students to take big steps in making ministry and missions more contemporary and relevant to the present generation. We have plans to further train our students, the next generation of leaders, to produce media resources, so they will know how to make optimum use of technology for the glory of God.
We held a project-based media training by Good News Productions, International (GNPI) from September 30 – October 6 on the Lakeview campus. The purpose was to train our alumni and representatives from different missions to start NOMaD Apprentice Teams to produce media resources in their areas of influence.
Some of the projects that we have currently undertaken are:
- The Global Gospel (The life and teachings of Jesus Christ come alive in a beautifully illustrated video storybook which follows the dramatic narration found in the Gospels. The project template was produced by GNPI. We are producing it in the Tamil language.)
- The Global Gospel – Telugu
- Social Issues and the Church (challenging the church to stand up against crimes against women, poverty, and the caste system)
- A play portraying creation, the fall, the consequences of the fall, and redemption by the blood of Jesus in five different languages (Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, English, and Malayalam).
The training in Chennai went very well! I believe this is the start of a great relationship between the two works in Chennai and in Damoh. We have had several good group talks about the training, how to follow up with teams, and even a basic introduction to a video training App.
The trainees have been working from morning through the evening to get projects done, but none have complained. Two young men told us they have been enjoying learning and working with the equipment, so the long hours haven’t been a problem for them.
In all, we have trained about 65 on this trip to India, 80 if you include the trip last January. We expect many of them to advance beyond this initial training to put what they’ve learned to work, making a substantial impact!